Private House....(Part Two)

Further Sources

I found myself wondering about when the house in which I live was wired for electricity, as it certainly predates 1900. There is no visible evidence left, and it was probably rewired several times during the last century; without some serious research in the cellar (which is another story entirely) it seemed a dead end. Through this line of thought I became interested in finding traces of changes within the house, and discovered a very useful source of raw material:






... old wallpaper behind the radiators.


I was quite taken with the acorns and modernist vehicles.







Here are a few more random things from around the house.
The different levels of the skirting board have lead to part of the wall being painted black as a visual adjustment. 

Occasionally the house moves a bit, and new cracks appear.

Technically not part of the house! This is the corner of a peeling mirror-topped table wrought iron table. 


(I've just realised that the last three images all contain decorative metalwork of some sort. There's no escaping that metal really is one of my favourite things.)



Comments